What can happen when a flood enters your home.
Water Damage Events
Flooding and water emergencies can happen at any time. Flooding and water damages don’t wait for business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Lexington/and Cayce, West Columbia provides restoration and cleaning services 24 hours a day, including holidays.
Flooding and water damages can be invasive. Water can spread through your home causing damage to furniture, walls, floors, and personal belongings. Leaving water to long without being extracted can also cause mold to grow in your home. SERVPRO of Lexington/and Cayce, West Columbia arrives as quickly as possible to start the extraction process. This immediate response can help minimize the damage and loss inside your home.
The water damage timeline
Within minutes of the water damage:
- The water can start to spread throughout your home, and damage anything that is in its path.
- The water can cause personal belongings to swell and warp such as books and photographs.
1-24 hours after the water damage occurred:
- The drywall can begin to break down and/or swell.
- Furniture begins to swell.
- An odor can start to occur in your home.
1 week after the water damage has occurred:
- Biohazard contamination can start to occur.
- Mold and mildew to can start to grow and spread.
- Wood flooring begin to swell and warp. Metal start to rust and corrode.
More than a week after the damage occurred:
- biohazard contaminants can be a serious risk to the homeowners.
- The mold growth can become more severe.
Need emergency services you can call us 24/7 at: 803-755-9774